FALLON FOOD HUB is a non-profit organization that is working to bring local food distribution to Fallon by building a regional food system for Fallon and surrounding rural communities.
The Fallon Food Hub will promote local and regional agriculture producers as well as function as an anchor for the Historic Downtown Fallon by driving people to the downtown corridor.
It is our VISION to create a gathering place in the heart of our historic downtown which provides an outlet/market for local farmers, local small food producers, and an emerging value-added sector.
HOW THE Online MARKET WORKS
- Wednesday at 2 PM the online market closes.
- Thursday morning the farmers will deliver the products to the Fallon Food Hub for packaging.
- Friday at 8 AM your products will be available for pickup.
- The Fallon Food Hub will donate your perishable items to the Fallon Daily Bread if you forget to pick up your by 2 PM Saturday.
Why Buy Local?
- Buying local tastes better and is more nutritious
- Commercial produce is often a week old by the time it travels over 1,500 miles to get to supermarkets, often requiring preservatives.
- Commercial produce is sometimes picked too early, making fruit, for example, hard and tasteless.
- Locally grown food, on the other hand, is harvested at its peak in taste and nutrition for your immediate purchase.
- Many local farmers offer the unique and flavorful heirloom varieties of produce they sell.
- Buying local keeps the money in our community
- Commercial food profits go to a middleman or giant business outside our community and state, whereas buying local keeps the money cycling here in our community, helping it to grow and prosper.
- Buying fresh produce from local producers helps preserve local farms and our precious rural community.
- Buying local ensures a safe and secure food
- Getting to know our local food producers, their ethics, cultural heritage, and farming practices provides confidence in a safe supply of healthy food for our families.
- Buying from local farmers helps renew rural, small-scale agriculture in our communities and helps guarantee a consistent flow of healthy food year round.
Categories: Baked Goods, Crafted Items, Dairy, Espresso, F, Farmers Market, Fruit, Health & Beauty Items, LOCAL Products, Non-Profit, Specialty Crops
40 East Center St. #5
Fallon, Nevada 89406 US
(775) 867-5625 (Main)