Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle
|Address:||310 Court Street
Fallon, NV 89406
The Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle is scheduled for one trip weekly (weather permitting) on alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the month. Starting with the first Tuesday of each month.
Call 867-4498 Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for more information on the Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle. This system is primarily set up to provide seniors with transportation to Reno for medical appointments. General public people can ride on this system on a time and room available basis. All rides must be picked up in our adopted service area in Fallon on County maintained paved roads.
Reservations can be made Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. only. Call early for availability. All reservations must be made by 1:00 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays for following day trips (no exceptions). Please make your reservations at the number above and have the following information ready: your name, your pick-up address, phone number, emergency contact person, your doctor’s name, address of your destination, appointment time, estimate of when you will be finished with your appointment.
The Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle will make every effort to contact the rider by 4:00 p.m. the day before the ride, but it is the responsibility of the rider to verify the ride, and the Fallon departure pick-up times by 4:00 p.m. the day before the ride. The Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle reserves the right to make policy changes at any time.
- Senior cost is a $10.00 suggested donation for round trip or one-way age 60 and over. Based on seats available.
- General public is a $20.00 charge for round trip or one-way age 0-59. Based on seats available.
- People under 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 years or older or written and verbal consent from parent or guardian.
- Payment must be made at boarding time by cash or check.
- Drivers carry no cash for change.
- The Tuesday bus starts at the Senior Center at 7:00 a.m. Thursday 7:00 a.m., but may change due to the number of riders and locations of pick ups.
- The Tuesday bus leaves Reno by 12:30 p.m.; Thursday leave by 12:30 p.m., but may change due to the number of riders and locations of pick ups.
- Riders may need to wait at their location until all riders are ready to return.
- One drop-off and one pick-up location per rider.
- Appointments with doctors for therapy and lab work must be made in the a.m. to be sure you are ready for the return trip on time. The bus cannot wait. No exceptions!
- The bus waits no longer than 5 minutes at your pick-up location; the driver will then put you down as a No Show and leave. Bus driver will not turn back if missed to keep other passengers on time.
- Airline, train, bus depot pick-ups must be ready by noon. Pick-ups are made at the handicap pick-up area outside the baggage pick-up area, door B (marked in blue at the curb). At the Reno Tahoe Airport the bus cannot wait due to flight delays. Baggage limit is 2 per person on space availability.
- Riders can be picked up at a different location in Reno, but it is the rider’s responsibility to be at the second location on time. The bus cannot wait.
- If inclement weather prohibits a safe trip, you will be notified by phone before 5:00 p.m. the night before or in some cases, the morning of the trip. Safety is #1 priority.
- Rides must be cancelled by 4 p.m. the day before the trip or ride is considered a No Show.
- No tickets are available for this service.
The Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle is available on alternative Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the month.
Call 867-4498 Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. for more information on the Senior Reno Transportation Shuttle and to book your ride.