|Address:||875 W. Williams Ave.
Fallon, NV 89406
The Depot Casino & Restaurant facility currently exists in the original 1907 train depot which was built about the same time as Butch Cassidy and his gang came through the area for the last time.
The community of Fallon was born during the California Gold Rush when exhausted travelers stopped along the Carson River after crossing the 40-Mile Desert, one of the deadliest stretches along the Emigrant Trail. This spot on the river was called "Ragtown" because of the clothes and blankets that were seen drying, hanging from wagons and trees. Present day Fallon is just six miles east of that early settlement.
Interest in a rail connection between Fallon and the Southern Pacific line to the west finally surfaced in 1903, and local ranchers and businessmen commissioned a preliminary survey in April of that year. Promotional and planning meetings were held during the next year and $60,000 was pledged in May 1904. Southern Pacific officials were discussing an extension east from Hazen by that time and a group of Californians were promoting the construction of an electric interurban line.
One of the great benefits of being a Fallon Chamber of Commerce member is being a part of our Business Directory. Our business directory members have the ability to advertise on the Fallon Chamber of Commerce at no extra cost!